Thursday, October 29, 2015

dominican republic // saona island

As most of you know, my husband and I took a trip to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic last week, so if I have been MIA, that's why. We thought we'd at least get wi-fi in our hotel room, but we did not so we were completely unplugged. Which in some ways, wasn't necessarily a bad thing. We spent most our hours in the pool with this gorgeous view:






And of course, the swim up bar:




We traveled there for a friend's wedding, and it was beautiful. The nights following up to the wedding were H-O-T, but when it came time for the wedding, a breeze picked up and it felt amazing. The ceremony and cocktail hour were set up right next to the ocean, and the bride and groom looked fabulous.







One of the highlights of the trip was an excursion my husband and I took to Saona Island, a tropical island a short distance away from the mainland of D.R. (For my Bachelorette fans, you may recognize this island from Andi and Nick's romantic date in Season 10! It was also where they filmed Pirates of the Caribbean) We took a speedboat out to a natural swimming pool where we were able to see starfish and the clearest turquoise water I have ever seen in my life. 










We then went to the island where they had set up beach chairs, volleyball, hammocks, an open bar and a lunch for us. There were palm trees everywhere, so we just laid in the shade and enjoyed the tropics. The lunch was an authentic Dominican meal; chicken, pork, fish, potatoes, rice, beans, salad and fruit, and it was delicious. The hubs even went back for seconds!





After a couple hours on the island, it was time to head back to the mainland. On the way back, we rode on a catamaran, and that was when the party really started. When I signed us up for the excursion I wasn't thinking and scheduled it the day after the wedding, so unfortunately we were really tired (and a little hungover) and didn't really get into the party. But it was nice to sit on the edge of the catamaran and really enjoy the beautiful tropical weather before heading back to the states the next day.


The weather back in Missouri is cold, and I'm already thinking about my next tropical vacation. Where's your favorite place to travel?


No comments:

Post a Comment