Wednesday, August 2, 2017

summer layers

dress (non-maternity), also similar here and here | cover-up (sold out), also love this one, this one and this one | shoes | sunglasses, also similar here

I bought this cover-up for our vacation to Palm Springs that we didn't end up going on, but instead of returning it I wanted to figure out how to wear it back in Iowa... plus I know it will come in handy for many vacations to come! I love the tropical print and the colors, and it's definitely light enough to layer over a dress - and light layers are essential while being pregnant in these hot summer months!


This outfit was perfect for a casual summer date night with my hubby. We live right on the Mississippi River, so we visited Go Fish Marina Bar and Grill a couple towns away and sat outside where the hubs had a beer and a burger and I had fish and chips. And the margaritas looked so good! We usually love to explore and check out new places, but I've been so boring since I've been pregnant, so it was nice to get out and about. This restaurant and the ambiance were perfect for a nice summer night - it almost felt like we were on vacation!

What's your favorite summer layering piece? Let me know in the comments below! Thanks for reading! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment