Thursday, February 4, 2016

how to // host a successful galentine's day party

I was watching Parks and Recreation when I was introduced to the idea of Galentine's Day and I was all like, where has this been all my life?! What is Galentine's Day, you ask? In the words of Leslie Knope, "Oh, it's only the best day of the year. Every February 13th, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home and just kick it breakfast style. Ladies celebrating ladies. It's like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus, frittatas!" 

As it turns out, Galentine's Day is now an actual thing, and I could not be more excited. You all know how much I love to have an excuse to party. So I have put together some of my essentials for hosting a perfect Galentine's Day. 

WHAT TO WEAR:

This is simple - dress code: pink and/or red. Just tell your gals to be festive and have fun with it. To see some dress ideas, check out my first of the month faves post here

WHAT TO EAT:

I love breakfast foods, so this is exciting for me. Here are a few breakfast recipes I've rounded up from Pinterest:

Pancake Skewers with Fresh Berries via Nugget Market Signature Recipes

Breakfast Crescent Dogs via Key Ingredient 

Donut Hole Kabobs via Woman Getting Married

Hash Brown Egg Nests via The Cooking Jar

WHAT TO DRINK:

Two words: MIMOSA BAR. You can never fail with champagne in my opinion. Here's a how-to on setting up a mimosa bar via Smarty Had a Party Blog. And we all know how much I love a festive cocktail, so I've also found a few cocktail (and mocktail) recipes for you to concoct:

Raspberry Rose Cocktail via Camille Styles

Cherubs Cup Cocktail via Style Me Pretty

Brazilian Strawberry Limeade via One Good Thing by Jillee

Sweetheart Punch via Made To Be A Momma

I also love these festive DIY drink stirrers via PopSugar!

FAVORS:

If you want to get your gals a gift, check out my gift guide here! Otherwise you can make DIY gift bags and fill with candy or baked goods, like these here

Hoes before bros. Ovaries before brovaries. Uteruses before duderuses. I miss Leslie Knope! Are you hosting a Galentine's Day this year? Let me know in the comments below! Thanks for reading!

Instagram: @theblondestyleblog
Twitter: @blondestyleblog
Pinterest: @theblondestyle
You can also subscribe to get TBSB straight to your inbox! Just enter your email in the subscribe box to the right of this post!


No comments:

Post a Comment