Tuesday, December 1, 2015

first of the month faves // december

December is here! The last 31 days of 2015, isn't that crazy?! As much fun as this year has been, I'm personally ready to put 2015 behind me. I'm very much looking forward to a new year. It's a fresh start, right? The best thing about it finally being December is that I can finally start talking about ALL. THINGS. CHRISTMAS. Starting with my First of the Month Faves!

1. CHARITIES

Obviously any time of the year is good for giving, but there is something about the holiday season that just makes you feel extra good about it. I've been so blessed that it's hard to believe that some people aren't as fortunate this time of year. Here are a few charities that make this time of year extra special for a lot of people:


2. CHRISTMAS SOCKS

Left to Right: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6

Or any holiday themed socks, really. They're such a fun way to show your  holiday spirit (without having to bust out your best "ugly sweater"!) Pictured above are a few of my faves... (Obviously, PUGS!)

3. ELF ON THE SHELF

{photo courtesy of fancyshanty.com}

Every year he keeps coming back, and every year I wish that I had kids so that I could come up with some crazy fun things for him to do! (Queue every single mother reading this rolling her eyes..) I'm sure it gets old after a while... but I really love seeing pictures of people's elves all over my Facebook feed. Such creativity! This blogger came up with a bunch of different ways to change it up, in case you're running out of ideas! 


4. HOME ALONE HOUSE


Obv this movie is my holiday go-to and all time FAVORITE Christmas movie! And that house?! Amaze. And it's real, y'all. I saw it with my own eyes. Last year my sister and I visited the town of Winnetka, Illinois, just north of Chicago, and stopped by the McCallister's old stomping grounds. The town is ADORABLE, and we saw a horse drawn carriage toting people around the little town square. It was like we were in a movie. If you're ever in the area, I highly suggest visiting Winnetka and seeing the Home Alone house! There are a lot of other fun things going on in Chicago during the holidays. Here's a couple fun things I'd suggest while you're there:
Winter Wonderfest at Navy Pier 
Cloud Gate aka "The Bean" in Millennium Park
Zoo Lights at Lincoln Park Zoo
Chicago SantaCon
TBOX (Twelve Bars of X-mas)
Christkindlmarket
Ice Skating at McCormick Tribune Ice Rink
.. and of course, shopping on Michigan Ave!

{some pics of my sister's and my trip to Chicago last December}

5. GLITTER BEARDS

{photo courtesy of Elite Daily}

Need I say more?! This is a trend I can get down with, and the only reason I'd ever want my husband to grow a beard. So much fun. 

Alright so that wraps up December's First of the Month Faves! Thanks for reading! 




Instagram: @theblondestyleblog

Twitter: @blondestyleblog

Pinterest: @theblondestyle

You can also subscribe to get TBSB straight to your inbox! Just enter your email in the subscribe box to the right of this post!


No comments:

Post a Comment