Thursday, July 27, 2017

oh baby | baby shower details

dress (maternity) | earrings | shoes
ribbon backdrop made by me with ribbon from Hobby Lobby and balloons from Target

Today I'm sharing the details of my baby shower that I planned with the help of four of my closest friends. I decided to help plan because I love to plan parties and I'm a bit of a control freak - I had a vision and I wanted it to go exactly how I imagined it! While things didn't go exactly as planned (they never do for me!) I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! Even though everyone there had to travel at least an hour to be there, most of my closest friends and family were able to make it - and baby McClure and I were definitely feeling the love! 

My friends have made jokes about how Lauren Conrad came out with a maternity line while I was pregnant and how I must have planned it because I love LC, so naturally I had to wear this adorable dress from her maternity line, and even though it's maternity I definitely think it can be worn post-baby! And I had to pair it with these blush shoes and pink ball drop earrings to match the pink theme! Keep scrolling to see pics and more details from the party!

banners from Bannerize on Etsy (in rose gold)

I love Etsy for party planning, and I've found some great little shops in my research. I got a custom banner from Bannerize for my best friend's bachelorette party a while ago (see the deets in this post here) and I was so pleased the first time that I decided to use them again. Excellent customer service, quality products, and great pricing! Check them out here for their custom banners and other party decor! I'm sure this will not be the last time you see their decor on my blog!

What we ate, drank and indulged on:
Walking Taco Bar
Mock Pink Champagne (non-alcoholic - recipe below)
Sweet Tea
Mini Cupcakes
M&M Cookies
Pink Starburst treat bags

{My girlfriends Lindsay and Aubrey and twin sister Alyson taking a selfie in front of the DIY ribbon and balloon photo backdrop that I made - these were three of the four girls who helped make this day go off without a hitch - the fourth had a baby just days before and wasn't able to make it, but she was there in spirit and helped so much! We also got to meet her babe (who is baby McClure's future bestie!) shortly after the shower!}


My invite had an illustration of a cake with these sparklers on it, so I had to have them as decor at my shower. I was excited when I finally found them at TOPS Malibu's online store. I reached out to them and they had great customer service and sent me the sparklers along with the confetti popper that I used for my gender reveal in this post here. They have tons of great party decor and they already have me thinking about details for my next party! 

I have been a fan of Scratch Cupcakes since they opened a shop in my hometown, and I was happy to see that they made mini cupcakes! My best friend chose the flavors and they were all so delicious, and I loved that they were able to make them pink for baby girl! The flavors pictured above from top to bottom were:

Oh Happy Day - made with pink sprinkles
Wedding Day - a little off topic, but my favorite of their cupcakes, and they were able to make them with pink frosting!
White Chocolate Raspberry - I'm not normally a fan chocolate and fruit, but these were SO good!

Mock Pink Champagne from 7up.com (non-alcoholic) | Straws from pomtree on Etsy

I got a sample of this mocktail while I was grocery shopping one day and I took the recipe knowing I had to recreate it for a party, and it ended up being the perfect mocktail for my shower! It was so good and was a hit - and if I wasn't pregnant I'd definitely add some champs to it! Click the link above for the recipe!

{diaper bouquet made by my friend Alison - find the instructions here}

{Centerpieces using upcycled McClure's Pickles jars with faux flowers from Hobby Lobby, linens, tables and chairs from Big Ten Rental}

{Big brother Fletch couldn't help but try to be the center of attention at the party!}

The party was a major success thanks to everyone involved and I would have lost my mind if it wasn't for my best friend Lindsay being here all the way from Dallas and my husband Brian helping me set everything up. The party was supposed to be outside, but last minute we changed it to inside because it was so incredibly hot out, and it all ended up being perfect. Even if it didn't go as planned, just being surrounded by friends and family celebrating baby girl McClure made it success enough. She is definitely going to be one spoiled and stylish little girl, and we cannot wait to meet her in 12 short weeks! Thanks for reading! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment