Wednesday, November 11, 2015

blog about it // cleaning your makeup brushes

Today is my day off, and instead of sitting around being completely useless like last Wednesday, I've decided to get some stuff done around the house that I've been putting off. It is storming here in Missouri (in November.. So strange) and the power is out, so I figure this is a good time to clean my makeup brushes.

A long time ago I read that you can clean your makeup brushes with dish soap, so I tried it and it worked wonders! I have been using it ever since. It's a very easy process and SO much cheaper than all the products out there! Here's what you do:


Gather up all your brushes:

Lay out a clean towel:

Put a drop of dish soap in your hand. You may need more or less depending on the size of the brush you are cleaning:

Add a couple of tablespoons worth of water and swirl the brush in your hand. You can also use a shallow bowl if you don't want to use your hands, but I think it is easier this way:

I also like to get the handle clean as well:

Repeat the last three steps until your brush rinses clean. Squeeze out excess water. Then lay it out to dry on the towel.

Voila! Clean brushes! It doesn't take long and it feels good to have it done. They say you should clean your brushes once a month... I may stretch that a little further than I should, but I'm working on it! If you have any beauty hacks to share with me, let me know in the comments below!





No comments:

Post a Comment