Friday, January 1, 2016

first of the month faves // january

January is such an odd month for me. It's so exciting at the beginning, with the new year and all the parties and football games, but then it just kind of gets boring, the weather is terrible, and there's not much going on. This year is going to be crazy for me, I'm doing a ton of traveling and we all of the sudden have a bunch of weddings to attend. So actually the nice, quiet month of January will be good for me.

I love a new year, and I especially love even years. Just like a new month or a new week, it's the ultimate fresh start. Which brings me to the first of my first of the month faves:


1. NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

You either are or you aren't a New Years resolutions type of person, and I definitely am. When I was younger, I'd always have the very vague resolutions, like "get skinny". But as I've gotten older, I've been much better about making more specific resolutions that will help me to attain a healthier life, both mentally and physically. A few examples would be to eat less sugar, eat more vegetables, and even though I'm not in the place where I want to be right now, know that I will get there eventually and I need to have a positive attitude about it. Our current living situation is not ideal for me right now, but it's not going to get any better by me having a negative attitude about it, so this year I'm going to try my hardest to see the positive in it all.

2. PLANNERS

I love my smart phone, but when it comes to keeping a schedule or making lists, I'm old school. I love to make lists, cross things off, and write my schedule by hand. And planners aren't just boring old calendars anymore. Here are some of my favorite planners for 2016:


1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8

3. FULLER HOUSE

I have to admit - as I kid I was totally obsessed with Full House. I know, who wasn't? But I felt so special because there was a girl named Stephanie on the show, and my twin sister and I grew up idolizing the Olsen twins (even though they're a couple years younger than us... it's a twin thing.) Fuller House comes to Netflix as an original series starting February 26th, and I am beyond excited to watch. Check out a teaser below, and tell me it doesn't give you ALL. THE. FEELS.


4. SMOOTHIES

Smoothies are great if you're on the run and don't have time to eat a nutritious meal. They're also a better alternative than heading over to the vending machine for a bag of chips or a candy bar. I've posted a recipe for my favorite smoothie here, but here are a couple more delicious recipes I have found, and can't wait to try!


Green Detox Smoothie via Cella Jane
Colada Smoothie via Paula Deen
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie via Sally's Baking Addiction
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie via Chef Savvy

5. DUCK BOOTS

I kept complaining about not having a white Christmas, and then the Monday after, BOOM. Winter storm. It almost never fails, the weather is unseasonably warm up until Christmas Eve and then right after Christmas it's snow and ice and well below freezing temps until March. Earlier this season I bought a pair of Sorel boots, and I was a little worried I wasn't going to have any reason to wear them this year, but now I do. I really like the duck boots that are in fashion right now, and there are so many different colors and styles out there. I've compiled a few of my favorite pairs for you guys below:

I have so much to look forward to in 2016, and I'm excited for it to start. I'm kicking it off in California to watch the Hawkeyes in the Rose Bowl. What better way to start a new year? Hopefully with a W! What will you guys be doing to kick off your new year? Let me know in the comments below!

NOW on Facebook! Like my page: The Blonde Style Blog
Instagram: @theblondestyleblog
Twitter: @blondestyleblog
Pinterest: @theblondestyle

You can also subscribe to get TBSB straight to your inbox! Just enter your email in the subscribe box to the right of this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment