Wednesday, March 1, 2017

10 closet staples

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

It's so important to have a few items in your closet that will be there for a lifetime. Items that you will beat down and use until you no longer can, and then buy the nearly exact same thing to replace it. And some things that will last forever! Here are a few things that I think you should always have in your closet:

1. A nice black coat is perfect to have to dress up or down. It's nice to have different colors like camel, or patterns like herringbone, or if you really go crazy with a bright yellow, but a simple black coat goes with everything and will never do you wrong. 

2. A good bra is just as important as anything - I've been wearing the same style bra for years and I thought it was my favorite until I was introduced to this one from ThirdLove - they really know how to solve all your "bra-blems" by having you take a short survey before determining which bra would be perfect for you. Then they let you try it for a whole month FREE (just pay $2.99 shipping) before you decide whether or not you love it. You can wear it, wash it, sweat in it, twirl it around your head - whatever tickles your fancy and if you don't like it, you can return it after 30 days. If you decide to keep it, get $15 off at this link here

3. A good pair of snow and/or rain boots are essential, especially in the Midwest. I love Hunter boots because they're cute but still functional and they come in a number of different colors to suit your personality. 

4. One of my major closet staples is a good go-to pair of jeans, and if you've been reading for a while you've heard me talk about these ones from Express that have lasted me forever. They go with everything and they're so soft and comfortable, good quality and I honestly think they've formed to my body over the years, even after a wash. 

5. A classic sneaker is a must, whether it's a pair of Converse or my current fave, the Adidas Superstar. I throw these on almost every weekend to just go run errands. Again a shoe that is both chic and functional. 

6. Obviously a pair of black heels is a staple, and also a nude pair, between those two options you're set in a pinch because they'll go with anything!

7. A good quality weekender bag is great to have; I use mine when I'm heading to stay with my sister for a weekend and I can just quickly shove a few things in and it doesn't take up too much room, and not heavy and bulky like luggage. It's also great to have as a carry on for vacations. 

8. A small black crossbody purse is my go-to, especially on vacations or for tailgating in the fall - they're easy to tote around, small enough to get into the stadium, but still roomy enough to fit just what I need for either situation. 

9. I've been wearing Ray-Ban aviators for many years, and I even got my husband hooked on them. I thought for sure when I bought my first pair that I would break or lose them, but spending a little extra money has made me take special care of them and I still have and wear the first pair I ever bought. 

10. And lastly, I love having a baseball cap in my possession for those days that I really don't feel like doing my hair, or full on makeup. I throw on a baseball cap and I feel so much better - almost like I'm invisible! It makes it easy to hide my laziness.

Do you have anything in your closet that you absolutely cannot live without? I'd love to hear! Let me know in the comments below! Thanks for reading! XO

Facebook: Blonde Style Blog | Instagram: @blondestyleblog Twitter: @blondestyleblog | Pinterest: @theblondestyle | Snapchat: stephmcclure
You can also subscribe to get TBSB straight to your inbox! Just enter your email in the subscribe box to the right of this post!



No comments:

Post a Comment