Monday, February 13, 2017

galentine's day brunch

Decor: Target + Hobby Lobby | Food and Drink: Hy-Vee

Happy Galentine's Day! Last year I talked about how to host a successful Galentine's Day and this year I actually hosted a successful Galentine's Day! I had so much fun setting up for this brunch and had even more fun celebrating that I just had to share all the deets. Below are my essentials for a successful brunch.


WHAT TO WEAR:
I'm all about a theme, so I told my girls to wear pink, red, or whatever color they thought would fit the theme. My besties know how to humor me, and they did not disappoint! Read this post here for some adorable Valentine's Day dress ideas!

WHAT TO EAT:
In my post last year I rounded up some great breakfast ideas that you can see here. This year I had a pretty simple but amazingly delicious menu, and the best part is that it was so easy! This was the menu:

Cherry Donut Holes (available at your local grocery store's bakery)
White Chocolate Covered Strawberries
White Chocolate Covered Pretzels
Brach's Jube Jel Cherry Hearts

WHAT TO DRINK:
Mimosas - duh!
Bellinis made with Izze Sparkling Peach and champagne
Cranberry Cocktail with Club Soda (for my pregnant bestie!)
(Also see last year's post for more cocktails and mocktails!)

DECOR:
Heart shaped plates, candles, paper straws and the cutest pink pitcher - I found the BEST decor in the Target dollar section and also in the holiday section at Hobby Lobby. Between those two places, decorations were pretty easy, and they looked great! I got the plates for my wedding from Crate and Barrel, and the gold champagne flutes are from World Market.

GIFT BAGS:
I made my girls some Caramel Crispix (recipe here) and put them in adorable little Valentine's Day bags from Target for my friends to take home. I also got some cute little straws from Target that I taped to the Izze bottles with gold foil heart masking tape from Hobby Lobby. Honestly it was so inexpensive but so cute - and everyone loves a goodie bag!

Did you have a Galentine's Day brunch this weekend? I'd love to hear about it! Thanks for reading! XO!

Facebook: Blonde Style Blog | Instagram: @blondestyleblog Twitter: @blondestyleblog | Pinterest: @theblondestyle | Snapchat: stephmcclure
You can also subscribe to get TBSB straight to your inbox! Just enter your email in the subscribe box to the right of this post!



No comments:

Post a Comment