Wednesday, January 6, 2016

workout wear

It's that time of year where everyone is motivated to get into shape. The gym parking lots are filling up and it's impossible to get on a treadmill without having to wait in line. I am one of those people that would rather work out at home because I don't like people seeing me look like a wet rat while working out, so fortunately I don't have any problems with an over crowded gym. But I've been a part of a gym before and I know how it goes - be strong, it will likely clear up by February 1st.

Some people will work out for 3 or 4 weeks and then they lose their motivation. I'm here to tell you to keep it up! Trust me, I know all about losing motivation - it's much easier to get out of the habit of working out than it is to get in it. But give it another 3 or 4 weeks and you'll start seeing an improvement, and you'll wonder why you didn't start doing this sooner. Plus, gym clothes these days have made a huge improvement. Seriously, the things I used to wear to the gym. Oversized tees, stretched out sports bra and pajama pants? No. Not anymore. It seems like you can find athletic wear almost anywhere these days, and there are so many bright, cheerful colors and cute designs. And good quality! I've put together a few of my favorite workout pieces to help keep you motivated:


SPORTS BRAS:
left to right:
adidas by Stella McCartney // Sports Bra

TOPS:
left to right:
Lululemon // Define Jacket

SHORTS:

left to right:

PANTS:
left to right:
Pretty Little Things // Ombre Workout Leggings

SHOES:

left to right:
New Balance // W1500

{If you want these looks plus many more sent straight to your inbox, go to shopstyle.it and sign up, then head over to my Instagram (@theblondestyleblog) and like my photos!}

Personally working out is not one of my resolutions, as I try to stay consistent throughout the year, but being healthy is always important to me. This month I'm trying some Whole30 recipes and have cut out sugar, dairy and alcohol from my diet until February 2nd (I drank on the first for the football game, so I moved up a day.) So far so good, but there's cheese in my fridge just staring me in the face and I swear I'm being haunted by pizza and cupcakes. I'm only on day 4, and I'm already getting a bit hangry, but I'm fighting through it... Working out helps!

Is working out a New Year's Resolution of yours? How's it going so far?

Thanks for reading!

Instagram: @theblondestyleblog
Twitter: @blondestyleblog
Pinterest: @theblondestyle


You can also subscribe to get TBSB straight to your inbox! Just enter your email in the subscribe box to the right of this post!


2 comments:

  1. All these work out clothes that you have shared here. These days, there are large varieties are available in fitness apparels with fabulous designs, patterns and colors. All features of workout gear make it more interesting to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure that you have taken the time to set your exercise goals before you even do your fist workout. It also helps to write down your goals, as this gives you a certain amount of accountability to yourself. Jennifer

    ReplyDelete