Friday, April 1, 2016

first of the month faves // april

Ok, admittedly I was not prepared for this post... HOW is it already April 1st?! It's a good thing it's not hard for me to scramble up a few of my favorite things... So let's get started! 

1. ESPADRILLES

Being in Hawaii for 2 weeks gave me serious tropical style inspo, and one of those styles are espadrilles. They are so cute and beachy, but are also perfect for spring! Whether you have an upcoming tropical vacation or are just looking for a fun addition to your spring wardrobe, espadrilles are for you. Here are a few of my faves:

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

2. RENT THE RUNWAY

I have talked about Rent The Runway in a couple posts here and here, so I wanted to give them kind of their own little highlight. Around this time of year I really start scoping out their styles because I have an upcoming Spring party that the company my husband and I work for puts on and I get to play serious dress up. Last year I rented this gown and I was in love, and got so many compliments. I think I have a particular dress in mind for this year, but I'm still deciding. One thing I love about RTR is that they have an app and I can easily categorize the items I like, or "heart" as they call it, and then I can go in and make my decision. Here are a few of my "hearts" that I hope to rent in the near future:

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

To get $20 off your first order, click this link here!

3. SPRING SCENTS

With the change of a season comes a change of perfume, and I was in search of a new scent when I was going through one of my fashion magazines the other day and came across an ad for Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet... it was like spring all up in my nose. I ripped out the page and stuffed it in my purse to remind myself that I need to purchase it ASAP. Here are a few spring scents that I've either had in the past or would like to try out:

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

4. CHAMPAGNE CAMPAIGN

All the political stuff going on right now has my head spinning... I just can't. But I love my champagne, so I'm hopping aboard the champagne campaign instead, and bringing you a concoction that I found from The Comfort of Cooking that's perfect for spring:

Limoncello Raspberry Prosecco Cooler

INGREDIENTS:

1 (750ml) bottle Prosecco or other sparkling wine, chilled
4 oz. limoncello liqueur, chilled
1 pint fresh raspberries
About 8 sprigs fresh mint

DIRECTIONS:

At least 15 minutes before serving: Chill four wine/cocktail glasses in the freezer or refrigerator. Place raspberries on a plate and freeze.
Remove chilled glasses, add limoncello (1 oz. each), and top off with Prosecco. Add raspberries and mint leaves.
5. TRENCH VESTS

Currently obsessing over trench vests. They are so fab and fun to layer with almost anything! They just add an element of chic without having to be a full on trench coat (although I love those too!) Perfect option for spring. Here are a few that caught my eye:

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

I hope everyone has a fun-filled April! Don't forget to check out my spring items under $50 post here. Thanks for reading!



Instagram: @theblondestyleblog
Twitter: @blondestyleblog
Pinterest: @theblondestyle
You can also subscribe to get TBSB straight to your inbox! Just enter your email in the subscribe box to the right of this post!


No comments:

Post a Comment