Thursday, June 30, 2016

Fourth of July

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

I have this weird thing about themed colors on holidays. I don't hate it, but I don't exactly love it. I told my sister how I feel, and she called me un-American... I'm not un-American, I think if it's done tastefully, than it's okay. However, it can become really tacky (think ugly Christmas sweaters.) With that being said, writing this post is a tiny bit cringe-worthy for me, but I'm going to go with what I think would look good while still being spirited!

For Fourth of July, I think pairing red with denim is perfect, like pairing these jean shorts with this tee, this button-down, or even wearing this one-piece as a body suit (hello, '90s.) Or, you can go completely neutral and accessorize, like pairing this denim off the shoulder top with white cut-off shorts (love these here) and topping it off with these blue or red sunnies. A baseball cap is pretty much the staple accessory for an American, so throw on a pair of white skinnies and a white tank or v-neck and let your favorite team stand out. And of course, inflatables are #sohotrightnow, so if you're heading to a pool party, you know you need one of these bomb pop floats!

The town I live in is having their annual Rhythm and Roots Festival this weekend and there's going to be some really good bands there. One that I'm particularly excited to see is a local kid named Tyler Folkerts who is extremely talented. I love live music, especially outdoors, so I'm really looking forward to it. One thing that has been a huge adjustment this time of year in Missouri is the fact that fireworks are legal here... They've been going off in our neighborhood ALL WEEK. I just can't imagine what it's going to be like this weekend!

I would love to hear what you guys have planned for the Fourth! Have a good weekend, thanks for reading! XO

Facebook: The Blonde Style Blog | Instagram: @theblondestyleblog | Twitter: @blondestyleblog | Pinterest: @theblondestyle | Snapchat: stephmcclure
You can also subscribe to get TBSB straight to your inbox! Just enter your email in the subscribe box to the right of this post!





No comments:

Post a Comment