Sunday, December 27, 2015

what to wear // nye




I hope you all had a great Christmas! It was so nice for both my husband and me to travel to see our entire families. With his work schedule, we are not always so lucky. We got a lot of good gifts and made some great memories. Of course, the weekend went by way too fast, and I miss them all already!

NYE is less than a week away, and if you're like me, you still haven't thought much about what you are going to wear. Christmas just takes a lot of my mental energy! Initially I thought we were just going to be staying home in our small town for NYE, but then last minute we decided that we are going to California to attend the Rose Bowl on the 1st. So I quickly need to come up with an outfit that's Los Angeles approved! Good thing I was a little ahead of the game, and had already compiled a few outfits and accessories for the last night out in 2015. 


dress // clutch // heels

Last year we spent NYE in Las Vegas, where this sequin dress is approved year round. Unless you have a trip to Vegas planned in the near future, there is not many other times of the year you can pull this look off. You don't need to accessorize this dress with much - it does a good job on it's own! So I paired this look with a simple clutch and heels. 

top // skirt // purse // heels

I absolutely fell in love with this top when I first saw it. There's a matching skirt that you can buy with it, but for NYE I thought it would look great with this pink sequin skirt. I love the look of the lace paired with the sequins! Again, simple accessories with this one. 

top // skirt // purse // shoes

New York fashion week was kicked off with Lauren Conrad's first show for her line with Kohl's. As I was watching, I was filling my shopping cart up with pretty much every piece in the line, including this velvet skirt. It's the perfect material for winter, but a good length so that it's not too heavy. Add a little shimmer and a pop of color with this purse!

When it comes to NYE kate spade just knows what's up. Just look at this champagne bottle handbag - need I say more. Pair with this roomy black dress (to hide all the party potatoes I ate this week - #carbs) and these ADORABLE gold gladiator heels and you're good to go for NYE!

Alright, guys. Now you're all set to ring in the new year! What are you doing to celebrate? Let me know in the comments below! 


NOW on Facebook! Like my page: The Blonde Style Blog
Instagram: @theblondestyleblog
Twitter: @blondestyleblog
Pinterest: @theblondestyle
You can also subscribe to get TBSB straight to your inbox! Just enter your email in the subscribe box to the right of this post!

1 comment: